Saturday, February 7, 2009

46.4 (aka 116)

It reached 46.4 degrees Celsius today here in Melbourne. The governor stated yesterday that today was going to be a bad day, and encouraged everyone to stay at home unless absolutely necessary to be out and about. Andy and I obliged by sleeping late, moving the computer into the bedroom, turning the bedroom AC on, napping, and watching I think 5 episodes of Entourage.
We kept joking, "Hey, the governor said to stay home."

Tonight we're headed out to dinner with a couple that recently moved to our South Yarra neighborhood from DC. I met the gentleman last week one day at the shop, as he just sounded too American for me not to ask where he was from. It is an interesting position to find myself in - last year around this time, we were having dinner with a couple from the US who had been here nearly 2 years that were preparing to move back, and we were the new ones to Australia. I remember feeling kinda jealous that they were so close to going home. Now here we are on the flip side of that, and we've started thinking about how some things we love to do here in Melbourne are now on countdown. So many 'lasters.'

OH! I nearly forgot - a huge "Welcome to our World" to little Tyson Senske!!! We can't wait to meet you, Tyson! Our thoughts are with you, Travis & Val!

Cheers!

Love, Christy

1 comment:

Steve Faust said...

Ahhh. Lasters...